Choosing a Financial advisor may be one of the most important decisions you make for yourself and your family. Studies by various financial services research organisations, show that using a professional investment advisor can help you to achieve your financial goals.
Financial advisor’s can play a central role in helping you meet your life goals and achieving financial well-being, by assisting you in addressing specific financial needs at different stages throughout your life. Consequently, you need to make sure you choose a Financial advisor who is competent, trustworthy, and who adheres to the highest professional standards.
It is your financial professional’s business to get to know who you are and to help you clearly define both your short and long term financial goals. With thousands of financial products to choose from, finding the most suitable product or the best combination, can have a significant impact on your degree of success. Your financial advisor has the knowledge and resources necessary to help you source and decide on the products specific to your needs.
Often a specific event will trigger the need for professional financial planning guidance.
These might include;
- Dealing with an inheritance or another unexpected financial windfall
- Purchasing your home
- Providing for a financial crisis such as a serious illness
- Facing redundancy or loss of income
- Coping financially with the death of a spouse or close family member
- Funding education
- Buying, selling or passing on a family business
- Making provisions for your retirement