How we can help?
At Blackhall Financial Services, we’re committed to securing the financial futures of medical professionals including hospital doctors, Consultants, GPs and Locums. Blackhall Financial Services Consultants are trained to understand your profession and tailor their advice to your specific needs – throughout your lifetime. As your financial advisers can deal with all the concerns referred to above. We are experts in wealth management and can advise on setting up trust funds where necessary to help dependents.
We can also find competitive insurance policies to ensure that your family are protected in the event of any unexpected ill health or death. Knowing what to do with your hard-earned finances to secure the best future for yourself and your family can often be confusing, presenting pitfalls for the most experienced of investor.
We can advise on a wide range of investment solutions, tailored to your personal goals, appetite for risk, and personal circumstances.
So, whether you’re looking to grow your money in the most tax efficient manner, fund your children’s education, or planning for a comfortable retirement, we can advise how investments could help you get there.
Because we have expertise in both the public and the private sector, we can give financial advice to Doctors /Consultants and medical professionals in relation to their different income streams (Public, Private and Self-Employed Income).
Superannuation Pension Scheme
Understanding the HSE Pension Scheme
The HSE Employee Superannuation Scheme is a statutory defined benefit pension scheme, with benefits payable under the Health Service Executive Employees Superannuation Scheme, 2010 In general, all employees in pensionable positions, recruited prior to 1 January 2013, are members of the HSE Employee Superannuation Scheme. The HSE Pension Scheme provides a wide range of benefits to pensionable employees, including:
- Lump sum on retirement
- Pension on retirement
- Death-in-service gratuity
- Spouses’ and Children’s pension
- Ill-health retirement benefits
Membership of the Scheme includes compulsory membership of both
- The Health Service Executive Employees Superannuation Scheme (“Main Scheme”); and
- The Health Service Executive Spouses’ and Children’s Contributory Pension Scheme (“Spouses’ and Children’s Scheme”).
This Scheme is an integrated scheme (for members who are fully insured, i.e. Class A PRSI) This means that it is one that takes account of the State (Contributory) Pension in designing the overall pension package. Both employers and employees make pay-related social insurance (PRSI) contributions and these in turn entitle scheme members to Social Welfare benefits. Integration is used as a means of taking into account the benefits payable under the Social Welfare system to calculate:
- The amount of occupational pension required so that the combined pension from both sources is at the level being aimed for in designing the scheme; and
- The level of contributions payable by the employee towards the cost of his or her occupational pension. If you are unsure as to whether or not you are fully insured (i.e. your applicable class of PRSI) please refer to your payslip which denotes your specific rate of PRSI.